Assignment due: Sunday, Sept. 11 by 11pm
Assignment weight: 15 points of total course grade
Assignment Objective: learn the basics of how we publish texts on the internet. Using “Johnny Mnemonic” as your base text, you will structure and style a miniature digital edition of 3-4 pages.
* Edition outline, drawn, presented in class, and submitted Thursday, Aug. 8 by 11am
* “Working” (validate) viewable edition, including the following:
- Title page, with title for your edition, plus name of text and author, abstract about the edition, bio about you (the editor), and table of contents with links to pages
- Introduction, including background about the story, a biography of William Gibson, and editorial statement about why you have made the editorial choices you have.
- The text of the short story.
Document your choices as comments within each file.
Post your pages as follows to the course Netspace site (access instructions will be given via email because of security reasons.
- create a folder with the naming convention as follows “jm_[your last name]”
- there should be five files in your folder: index.html (the title page), introduction.html, johnny.html, johnny.css, johnny.js
- place a link to your edition on the GitHub wiki so that your classmates can look at and critique your edition.
See the Rubrics page for evaluation and marking parameters.